It pays to have COVA HealthAware!
Learn how COVA HealthAware can help you save up to 90% on your monthly premiums and provides a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help pay for out of pocket expenses.
Then see how COVA HealthAware can work for your unique lifestyle.
It pays to have COVA HealthAware!
The COVA HealthAware benefit plan includes a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) with incentive opportunities to reward you for healthy activities you may already be doing. The HRA is designed to give you more control over your health benefit dollars and help pay your eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Making it easier to manage your health and your health care costs
COVA HealthAware plan includes:
- Medical, behavioral health, vision, hearing and EAP benefits administered by Aetna
- Prescription drug benefits through Anthem Pharmacy delivered by IngenioRx
- Dental Benefits administered by Delta Dental
- Coverage for in-network preventive care at 100 percent
- Annual contribution to your HRA with opportunities to earn additional funds by completing incentives called “Do Rights”
- Coverage for in-network benefits through a large national network
- Coverage for out-of-network benefits (higher coinsurance, additional deductible and out-of-pocket maximum apply)
- No cost general medical and dermatology consultations with Teladoc 24/7/365
- A single medical, behavioral health and pharmacy deductible which all counts toward your out-of-pocket maximum
- Informed Rewards program that provides cash incentives when you shop for and select better value health care services at certain facilities
- Convenient member tools to help you monitor your health and your plan
- No cost in-person and virtual MinuteClinic services, 7 days a week, including evenings
Discover how COVA HealthAware
covers you better
COVA HealthAware offers a suite of online tools and resources designed to provide you with expert care and cost-savings. Explore what’s available, below:Contact us
Take charge of your benefits. With your 24/7 secure web access, you can manage benefits and claims, connect to care, complete your health assessment, start a wellness program and much more!
Alex — Your interactive benefits counselor
“Alex” — the Commonwealth’s interactive benefits counselor — can help you figure out what plan may work best for you and your family. Alex asks you a series of questions and will provide plan recommendations based on your answers.
To learn more about the plan options available to Commonwealth of Virginia employees, visit ALEX at www.myalex.com/cova. external link
Get to know the features of your plan, access common forms, and learn more about the benefits COVA HealthAware can provide you and your family.
The public health emergency ends on May 11, 2023. See below for changes to your COVID-19 coverage that will take place starting May 12, 2023.
COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters
You will pay $0 for the COVID-19 vaccinations when you visit an in-network location.
COVID-19 at-home/over-the-counter test kits
COVID-19 at-home/over-the-counter test kits will no longer be covered. You will pay the retail cost of test kit.
COVID-19 lab tests
You pay 20% after you meet your deductible when you visit an in-network location.
Features and highlights of the plan
A reference guide on how to navigate your Aetna Member Website and Aetna Health App
Find out more information on Aetna Resources for Living
Find out more information on Teladoc telemedicine services.
Find out more information on how to get rewarded for making informed, cost-conscious decisions.
Find out more detailed information on the plan at the DHRM Active Employees site external link. Scroll down to Member Handbooks then select COVA HealthAware.
Proration schedule and FAQs for events that occur after the plan year begins
Find the forms and documents external link you need.
Retirees on a COVA coordinating Medicare plan with HRA funds remaining from their prior COVA HealthAware plan can use this form to request reimbursement of Medicare plan premium costs and out-of-pocket health care expenses.
Eligible members may submit this form to receive the HRA credit for flu vaccinations received outside of the health program.